Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"I Going to Class Today"

Owen's "Let's Explore" class started today at the Y and he was very excited to be going to class. He talked about it from the time he got up until we got to the Y. I'm pretty sure he had no idea what class was, but he was happy to be going. The description said that parent participation was required, but when we got there, I learned that it was optional. I wasn't sure how Owen would do without me there since he's never really done anything like that before, so I made it our goal to be able to drop him off by the end of the session. He was a little leary and shy at first, but after a few minutes, he was holding the teacher's hand and somewhat listening to instructions. A few more classes and his listening skills will hopefully get better.

After the Y, we went to our meetup group's Halloween party out in Fenton. We were a little late because of the class, so we missed a lot of the party, but Owen was still able to wear his dino costume and see the other kids dressed up. Dr. A was asking us on Monday if we were going to have a hard time in the terrible two's or an easy time. At the time, I said probably somewhere in the middle, but after hanging out with the meetup kids, I think we have it easy. Some of those kids can throw a tantrum! I definately appreciated Owen's attitude and behavior after leaving the party.

He's been so much fun lately, aside from waking up at night because of his molars. He's been in such good moods and we've been doing a lot of fun stuff together, this is why I love being able to stay at home with him.

No comments: