Monday, October 27, 2008

Hi Dr. Atteberry!

A nurse from Owen's doctor's office called last week to confirm his appointment for today. Ever since then, Owen's been talking about Dr. Atteberry and going to see him. He'll pretend to call him on the phone and was calling everyone at my dr's office Dr. Atteberry this morning. I guess it's a good thing that he likes his doctor so much, now the nurses are another story.

He had his two year appointment today and was a little uncooperative with the nurse while she was measuring and weighing him. She just guessed at his height and weight, both of which I know are off a little (35 inches which he was at 18 months and 27 or 28 lbs). I've measured him at home (36.5 inches or so) and he stands on the scale all the time (26.6 lbs the other day).

Poor guy had to get two shots today though, his Hep and flu shots. He did very well though. He cried for a minute while he got stuck, but was fine after he saw his band-aids. The rest of the appointment went well. Owen gets to start taking a daily vitamin which he enjoys and thinks is candy.

I had my 30 week appointment today (30 weeks?!) and had to take Owen with me again. He does very well during the appointments though and since they're so short it's not a big deal. Today, Dr. Glass asked if he wanted to sit up next to me while he found the heartbeat. Owen got up for a second then immediately wanted down and proceeded to dump his entire package of granola bites all over the floor. Luckily Dr. Glass has young kids and he understood :)

No comments: