Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bump on the head

Owen had his first injury that required us to call the doctor today. He was crawling around at the Mullen's house and got a lamp cord stuck on his foot. He continued to crawl and proceeded to pull the lamp off the table, directly on his head. Tears immediately followed, but were quickly gone as soon as I gave him my cell phone. He seemed fine afterwards, but on the drive home, I started freaking out, wondering if he could have a concussion. When I felt his head, he had a large knot on the back, so I decided to call his doctor. She said that as long as he wasn't acting differently then he should be fine. We continued to put (or try to put) ice on it and gave him some Tylenol before bed. I'm guessing the whole incident was much more traumatic for me than it was for him.

No comments: