Wednesday, December 12, 2007

St. John's Party

This morning was the Christmas party at St. John's and our last New Mom's Network meeting that we'll probably attend. I thought that maybe seeing all of his friends visit Santa might get Owen to warm up to the idea of sitting on his lap. I was definately wrong! He was worse this time than when we were at the mall. When they called us up there, he didn't even want to go near the guy! It took a while for him to calm down enough to even sit on my lap next to Santa. The photographer said that he got one or two pics of Owen looking at the camera, but I'm not expecting anything very good. I really didn't take any pictures at the party because I was chasing Owen around too much.

We had lunch at West County with Rylynn, Jace, Kaden, and their moms afterwards. The mall was not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be with Christmas so soon. We were on a mission to find Josie and Kailey a birthday present while there. After circling the mall twice, I decided to just get them Starbucks gift cards and some lip gloss. It took nearly 3 hours of shopping, but we finally got it finished, plus I picked up Carrie's gift also. Owen and Rylynn were getting a little sick of being confined to their strollers, so we let them play for a while.

I can't believe that Owen's second Christmas is quickly approaching! It seems like we were planning for his party yesterday. This past year as flown by way too fast. I'm looking forward to celebrating Christmas this year and seeing how Owen will react. It should be a lot of fun since he can actually participate this year. I'm excited to see his reaction to everything.

No comments: