Thursday, January 24, 2008

Worst Mommy of the Year Award

Yes, I am the newest recipient of the Worst Mommy of the Year Award. So I have the flu and Mike arranged for his mom to come over and stay with Owen so that I could take a nap. I was getting Owen's lunch ready and realized that Bailey needed to go outside. Our back gate was completely open for some reason, so I thought I'd run out there quickly and close it. Bad idea. The back door somehow locked itself and I got locked out of the house. Yes, Owen was still sitting in his highchair.

Meanwhile, Mike's mom pulls up and sees me freaking out. I was running from the front door to the back door to see if I could somehow get inside the house. It's about 20 degrees outside, I'm sick, wearing only pajama pants and a shirt, crying, and trying to get in my house. I finally talked to my dad who had an extra key. I ended up grabbing a wooden stake and busting the window out of the door minutes before my dad got there. Owen was sitting in his highchair crying, signing for more food.

After I finally put Owen down, I got to take a nap which was nice. That's my drama for today.

No comments: